Ink Paper Words' Profile

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
In elementary school, I desperately wanted my mother to order books for me from those flyers Scholastic hands out to kids. She refused, citing the "perfectly good library down the street." I exacted revenge by becoming a card-carrying ALA accredited reference librarian. Ha! Take that!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Wow, They Really are Nazis at TWOP

Honestly, wouldn't you think that a site with a name like televisionwithoutpity.com could grow a slightly thicker skin? I see all kinds of vulgarity there and just because I posted a link to foodnetwork.com and labeled it with "FN Kiss Ass Site," my account had a warning issued on it. You know, in the grand scheme of things, it is really all that bad? I dissed a web site that is known to "swiffer" less than favorable reviews of the recipes it publishes. I fail to see how I was impolite to a poster. Guess I'll just stay in my own little corner of the Interwebz where S. Tankersley is impotent. Sheesh.

Jesus, you're just a website. Lighten up. The fate of the world isn't exactly riding on your poor laden shoulders.

I used to moderate an online forum and even if I say so myself, I only hid posts that contained vulgarity or outright harassment. And I thought AOL was hardcore about what would and would not fly. At least they were upfront about what kinds of online behavior would result in Terms of Service violations. TWOP just says not to be a "dick," but nowhere do they tell you how they define it. This site, or at least forum moderator, is in serious need of an anal cephelectomy.

Update: Strange. I logged in to my account yesterday and the warning has disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment