Ink Paper Words' Profile

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
In elementary school, I desperately wanted my mother to order books for me from those flyers Scholastic hands out to kids. She refused, citing the "perfectly good library down the street." I exacted revenge by becoming a card-carrying ALA accredited reference librarian. Ha! Take that!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Have to Agree With the "Rude" Part

Canadian Woman Gets Fired via Facebook

I read recently that we all have public lives, personal lives, and private lives. This and the prior article I posted about a UK teen getting fired for indicating on her Facebook status is just that much more reason to keep these things separate.

Love this quote from the supervisor: "Her former boss, Susanne Woerhie, defended the Facebook firing by saying that she had tried to call Bell after she skipped the staff meeting but couldn't reach her.

'I just wanted to have it dealt with that evening,' Woerhie told the Kelowna Daily Courier. 'I didn't want to deal with it at the shop when other people were around.'"


How lame.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this about Janice@getjudgement.com. I applied to an Office Admin job in the Dallas area on Craigslist and got an email stating that I have an interview scheduled but they need my credit score. What a joke. I loved the emailed that you sent declining the interview. Way to go. Hopefully no one falls for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, my pleasure to perform a public service. I just hope she discovers that she's been outed :D

    ReplyDelete