Ink Paper Words' Profile

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
In elementary school, I desperately wanted my mother to order books for me from those flyers Scholastic hands out to kids. She refused, citing the "perfectly good library down the street." I exacted revenge by becoming a card-carrying ALA accredited reference librarian. Ha! Take that!

Monday, August 17, 2009

What the...?

I have very recently encountered a phenomenon wholly new to me. This phenomenon is an HR department that is actually committed to its time line and sent out an apology for falling behind. I must say that I am completely flabbergasted. This sort of thing simply does not happen in the world I inhabit. HR departments seem to take their own sweet time and don't seem to care what anyone's time line is.

The HR department sending me this notice along with their acknowledgment letter is the City of Hillsboro, OR. Now I want to work there even more than before I sent them 17 pages worth of application materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment